- Shaka Smart has been gone most of June and some July now with U19 USA Basketball Team. He has been an assistant coach with Tony Bennett (UVA's head coach) and has been working under head coach of the USA Team Billy Donavan ( Florida's head coach).
- Treveon Graham has also been gone with the 2013 USA Men's World University Games Team. He was one of 29 collegiate players invited to tryout for the team. Two days ago he heard he had made the roster. He is the youngest player on the roster. This experience should help Treveon become an even better player.
- Juvonte Reddic has been invited to many prestigious camps this summer. He just recently finished up at the Amare Stoudemire's Big Men Camp. Just recently he was invited to go to the Lebron James' Skills Academy. The last player at VCU to have all of these camp invites was Milwaukee Bucks starting power forward Larry Sanders. Reddic's draft stock has definitely gone up over the past year.
- Briante Weber has been working on his leadership qualities over the offseason because he will be leading the rams this season. Weber is a very confident player who thinks he can be the next great VCU point guard. His handle of the ball looks good and his passing looks more crisp in scrimmages I have watched. Not official yet but Briante is rumored to have an invite to the Chris Paul Point Guard Camp.
- The team has also gone through Navy Seals training again.
The rest of the team has been working out and have been scrimmaging against each other this summer. Many VCU greats have been training with the team and scrimmaging against the guys also. With some of the players gone this summer with camp invites, it should let the young guys get more attention from the coaching staff and more adjusted to the team.
Treveon Graham in his #10 USA jersey