1.) Jonathan Williams PG out of St. Benedict's committed already to VCU. Williams is a 4 star recruit that has been on the rise ever since he has signed with VCU. He is a lock down defender and is a great slasher through the paint. He has very good athleticism and is known and praised by teammates and others as being a great on the court leader. VCU defiantly got a steal with this guy.
Now VCU has 2 open scholarships left since for the 2014 class. Shaka is obviously going for either a tall wing player or another big man. He is recruiting the hardest though tall athletic wing players that can play either the 2, 3, or 4 position. Here are some of Shaka's main guys he is looking at to finish this 2014 class off.
- Victor Law: Law is an ESPN Top 100 player out of South Holland, Illinois. Law is 6'6 and an athletic wing player who can score the ball by either pulling up or by getting to the basket. Shaka is recruiting him probably the hardest out of all the recruits. Shaka has shown up to his high school to watch him practice and taking other trips to see Law play. Law has defiantly shown interest back. He has also taken an official visit to VCU and the trip went well. Shaka looks to steal Law from programs like UVA, Creighton, Georgia Tech, Northwestern, Harvard, and many other major programs.
- Devin Robinson: Robinson is a VA native that goes to Christchurch. Law is another Top 100 recruit that Shaka is going for. Robinson is 6'8 wing with great outside touch and can finish in the lane over the tall bigs. Robinson has been on the rise for a while. He is now getting looks from top programs like Louisville and Indiana. Robinson has taken unofficial visits to VCU and he says that VCU is recruiting him the hardest out of any school. It will be hard for Shaka to steal an Indiana recruit but as we should know by now that Shaka can pull off miracles.
- Makinde London: London is from Thompson's Station, Tennessee and is a 4 star recruit. The 6'9 center was not always that big. His freshman year he was just 6'1 guard but then by his junior year he grew to become 6'9 center/power forward. London has good shooting touch for a big man and great athleticism for his size. Many colleges have now realized London's skill. VCU and Wichita State were first to show interest. He doesn't hold an offer yet by VCU though. He has offers from Wichita State, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt.
- Markell Lodge: Lodge is a 6'7 power forward out of Creedmoor, North Carolina. Lodge maybe a bit undersized for the Power Forward position ,but he makes up for it with his long arms, great athleticism, and great motor on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. He has great bounce and is very well built player already. He dunks anything he can and blocks many shots with his long arms. Lodge has many offers from VCU, George Mason, Ole Miss, Oklahoma State, St. Joseph's.
Other guys we could get but we or they don't show as much interest as the other guys.
- Terry Larrier
- Johnathon Wilkins
- Andre Walker
- Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman
- Robert Johnson
- JaKeenan Gant